John Michael (Mike) Simmons Jr., O.D., MBA
Dr. Simmons is a board-certified optometrist and a native of Macon, GA with more than 25 years of routine and medical eye care experience.
Dr. Simmons attended Troy University majoring in Biochemistry and graduated from the Southern College of Optometry in 1996. He completed internships at Omni Eye Services and Clayton Eye Center. He is a Fellow in the American Academy of Optometry as well as a Diplomate in the American Board of Optometry. Dr. Simmons holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from the University of North Alabama. He is board certified by the American Board of Optometry as well as ocular injection certified by the Georgia State Board of Optometry. Dr. Simmons has practiced exclusively in middle Georgia since 1996 and joined Vision Eye Group in November of 2022.
Dr. Simmons’ areas of practice include:
- Comprehensive Eye Care and Routine Eye Exams
- Routine and Specialty Contacts Lenses including Scleral Contact Lenses and Myopia Control
- Ocular Disease Management
- Diabetic Eye Disease Screenings
- Dry Eye Disease Management
- Keratoconus Evaluation and Management
Dr. Simmons enjoys spending his free time with his wife Beth and their 3 children: Gray, Reagan, and Shelby. He and his family are members of Ingleside Baptist Church.